Wise Spending...

Thought of the Day...already day #4!

Today I spend the day with a close friend, going to coffee, attempting to go to the library (which apparently is closed on Thursdays!) and going to the park. And you know what? We had a great time! However, we got to talking how fast time flies. Not only just hours when you are having a fun day, but entire chapters of life seem to fly by. Just yesterday I was going into my first year of Armor Bearers and now, in less than 7 weeks, I'm already in my third year!

This got me thinking about my thought for today to share. How quickly the years go by these days! So often, I talk or at least think about the future. I think of how I cant wait to be older and do this or that. Yet I have realized to really treasure my youth. I wont have it forever, this I know very well. Each and every day I want to live with purpose. I know my future schedule and responsibilities wont always allow me to spend a day with my friend like I did today. Now I dont plan on playing around during all my youth, yet I realize to really enjoy it. I do not agree with a wasted youth, but I want mine to be well spent.

I remember taking the "7 Habits of Highly Effective People" module with Pastor Kim my first year. I remember her telling us that we ought to think of spending our time as spend our money. If we were given a certain amount of money to spend over a span of time, I would consider how wisely I would spend it. How often do we spend time like we do money. Many ponder big financial decisions, yet spend great amounts of time carelessly. Just like money spent, time spent will not return to us. We must spend our time wisely.

Seasons come and go. See the beauty in every season, the opportunity in every day. We only get one life to live, a certain amount of time to spend. Have fun, live responsibly, laugh a lot, and enjoy. Just remember, you will never get back yesterday or make tomorrow happen sooner, all we have to today to spend as wisely as we possibily can.

This entry was posted on Thursday, July 14, 2011. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply