A Child's Eyes...

Hey so guess what? I have come to the decision that I am going to do something special for my blog this week. What is it you may ask? Well allow me to tell you...
This week, I plan on doing a "Thought of the Day" concept for each day for the next 7 days. It may seem a little pointless, but I thought, "What the heck, might as well!" So here I am, about to write my thought for day...

Which brings me to my title, "A Child's Eyes"

This morning in my prayer time, the song "Healer" by Kari Jobe came across my worship playlist. As I listened, I felt drawn to a certain part of the song. It goes,

"Nothing is impossible for you, you hold my world in your hands...More than enough for me, Jesus you are all I need."

As I pondered this phrase, the first thing that came to mind was the child's Sunday school song, "He's Got the Whole World In His Hands" I began to think what this song meant as a child. When I would sing it as a little tike, I believed it through and through. I knew that my God was bigger than any circumstance and He was everything I would ever need. Its funny the faith of children...yet it is also so very challenging. How simple,
how thoughtless it was to believe that God held my whole world. Yet today, there are days that, though in theory I believe it, I don't deep within my heart. Is that what happens when we grow up? Why do we lose that child's faith?


Here's what I think. Just because we grow older, just because we have more responsibilities, doesnt mean God let's our world slip from His grasp. Just because now our world holds a whole lot more, does not mean He let's it go. A child's eye somehow just doesnt see reason to worry very often. Though I do not encourage us to act as children in respect to being completely carefree and reckless, I do believe we need to begin to see though our child's eyes once again. We must come to realize that God is everything we need and every little detail He hold's so very carefully. The weight of our world is never overwhelming to Him, even as tiring as it may seen to us. We must not try to take it from His hands either. Let God hold your world and trust that He will never let it fall. Don't be afraid to be a child once again.

This entry was posted on Monday, July 11, 2011. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply