Cracks and Calluses

Challenge time! About a year ago, I did a small personal challenge on my blog. This challenge was to write one post a day for a whole week. I remember this stretched me and caused me to think, but I loved it. That is why I decided to bring back the one week challenge. For the next seven days I will post once every single day. I have no clue what this week will hold, but I invite you to take this journey with me all the same!

Here's today's post:

I distinctly remember when I was first learning to play my harp. For hours I would play, and so often after so long of my fingers striking the notes, pulling at the rough strings, my skin would break and my fingers would bleed. Yet after the blood was shed, dried and forgotten, my fingers daily grew stronger. After a while, calluses began to grow. As this process continued, I realized that my new-found strength has been brought forth through what once was pain. Loneliness is like this. Trials are like this. Life is like this. Lonely times are never fun to encounter. In fact, as we strike our lives against strings of loneliness, sometimes we may bleed a little…or a lot. But oh how good it is! How much is it to our benefit! How a little bloodshed brings a deeper strength. Now do not think here that I mean we ought to wallow in our loneliness or lament again and again over our pain. Yet we must be able to allow it to transform us and be made better through it. Calluses form, not to keep us back or to keep us from relationship, but instead to make us more apt to play beautiful melodies. Because I have bled, I now can better perform. Sometimes pain brings forth strength and ability to do and be so much more. I thank God for letting me to go through lonely times, for allowing me to sometimes bleed for my own benefit. Now I am more able to play on for His glory.

This entry was posted on Monday, August 6, 2012. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply