Late Night Laundry.


I have a confession. Today, I had a bad attitude for an hour. Today, I probably said or thought something I shouldn’t have. Today, I was an icky sinner. What a concept!

I was reading a blog earlier where a girl spoke about how she writes about her day as something fantastic and how it makes her sound so unreal. She writes,

“This has been on my mind lately. In the blogging world, we all have a tendency to make life look glamorous and easy and beautiful. And, at times, it is. But, at other times, life is not. Life, quite a lot of the time, is embarrassing, awkward, hard and just...well, notpretty.

I don't wake up every morning, smiling at the sunshine and skipping into the kitchen and sitting in the dewy sunlight that streams into the kitchen while I make my morning coffee.

That's a nice thought, but really? Sometimes I wake up too late, stumble out of bed, groan at my messy hair and imperfections and then go into the kitchen to make myself a normal cup of tea and to sit down on the couch when the sky is grey and rainy outside.”


Sometimes, to not only write in this manner, but live here too. I often am frustrated at my own humanity. I want life to be sunshine and butterflies. I desire there to always be good moods, kind words, laughter and singing. I want to never lie, always speak good of others, to always walk in wisdom, elegance and grace. I want the shots in my lattes to be perfect, for me to get all the things on my daily list checked off, for my meals to turn out splendidly and to be the ideal daughter, sister, leader and friend. But more often than not, that is simply not the way things go.

Now I know this isn’t the most philosophical or life-altering of all posts, but I suppose that is what results when you have to stay up a little later than desired because you forgot to do your laundry during daylight hours. See? I also procrastinate. Yet another hiccup in my day! What I realize though through all this babble is that this is how life is. This is how Christianity is. Yes, I am bold-faced and unashamedly a Christian, but no, I am not flawless. While my state of imperfection does not merit me to continually make unwise decisions and live a life of rampant sin, it does cause me to be less hard on myself and appreciate the unsurpassable grace of God. My God loves this silly little flawed, selfish, human being and gives me grace to walk life with Him everyday, even on days when I mess up. When a child learns to walk, the father is pleased, even with the stumbles because it means the child is trying to grow. So it is with Father God. Be encouraged little child, Father God is pleased when you make the choice to walk with Him, even if you wobble a little here and there. Mind you I am not saying that God is pleased with whatever way you choose to live, but hopefully you get the point. I often struggle with trying to be perfect. The call to Christianity is not the call to be perfect. It’s a call to follow the One who is perfect and aim to be more like Him each and every day.

This entry was posted on Friday, July 6, 2012. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply